Order of the Engineer Ceremony
Family and friends, help us celebrate the graduating class of engineers during The College of Engineering Order of the Engineer Ceremony. In recognition of their academic accomplishments, all graduating students are recognized individually on stage. Students receiving a Bachelor of Science degree will receive an official Order of the Engineer stainless steel ring to show their obligation to the profession. Master of Science degree recipients will be hooded by their advisor. PhD graduates will be acknowledged but hooded at the university's Commencement ceremony.
As each graduate crosses the stage, notice the unique regalia they wear. Engineering and Computer Science Bachelor's degree graduates are in the traditional academic regalia with orange tassels. Master's degree graduates are distinguished by the black tassels and orange color on the outer binding of their hoods. Doctoral regalia is distinguished by the antique gold tassels and felt on the gowns.
Order of the Engineer Ceremony
December 10, 2016
All students and faculty will be included in their group photo taken prior to the ceremony and should check-in through the west side of the Plaza Theatre at 9:45 am, and be dressed in full regalia. Schedule for Group Photos:
- 10:00 am - Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
- 10:05 am - Engineering Education and Leadership Department
- 10:10 am - Industrial, Manufacturing Systems Engineering Department
- 10:15 am - Mechanical Engineering Department
- 10:20 am - Metallurgical, Materials and Biomedical Engineering Department
- 10:25 am - Civil Engineering Department
- 10:30 am - Computer Science Department
Questions regarding group photos and individual photos taken on stage during the ceremony can be directed to Marina Rivera.
- RSVP for both the UTEP Commencement and College's Order of the Engineer through the UTEP Commencement website. All students (BS, MS and PhD) with questions, visit Sukie Quezada in the E-PASO Office, room E-226.
- Tickets will be distributed to all graduates for their family and friends in the E-PASO Office, room E-226. Tickets will only be available for pick up: November 28 thru December 2, between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- Regalia: All students must be prepared with regalia. This includes cap & gown for B.S. graduates, hood & gown for M.S. and Ph.D. graduates.
- Photos: Please see the timeline above but all are encouraged to arrive at 9:45 am to check-in.
Family members who are also engineers: Graduates who have a family member who is also an engineer and would like them to participate in the Order of the Engineer, please register by contacting Sukie Quezada. Participant cost is $25 per person.
- Tickets will be distributed to all graduating students to distribute to their family and friends. Guests without tickets will not be able to enter the theater prior to start of the ceremony and only allowed in if seats remain.
- Seats will be assigned as you come in. Holding seats for family/friends that are not in attendance will not be allowed.
- Please leave strollers and carriages in your car.
- Doors will open approximately one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Parking: recommended parking is underneath the El Paso Convention Center or any other parking around downtown El Paso.
Faculty & Staff
- Regalia: All faculty must wear regalia to participate in the ceremony.
- Photos: Please see the timeline above and arrive at least 5 minutes prior to check-in. After group photos, faculty should stay on stage until the beginning of the ceremony.
- Faculty who have a speaking role and have questions should contact email@example.com.
- FYI: This ceremony is a ticketed event. Faculty do not need a ticket.
- Student organizations or individuals interested in volunteering should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org